10/25/40/50/100GbE Open Ethernet Switch Systems
The Mellanox Open Ethernet switch family delivers the highest performance and port density with a complete chassis and fabric management solution enabling converged data centers to operate at any scale while reducing operational costs and infrastructure complexity. This family includes a broad portfolio of Top-of-Rack (TOR) switches that range from 12 to 128 ports, with Ethernet data rates of 1GbE, 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE and 100GbE per port. These switches allow the building of cost-effective and scalable switch fabrics, from a few nodes to tens-of-thousands of nodes.
Mellanox makes fabric management as easy as possible by providing the lowest latency and highest bandwidth. This allows IT managers to deal with serving the company’s business needs, while solving typical networking issues such as congestion and the inefficiencies generated by adding unnecessary rules and limitations when the network resources are sufficient.
Data Center Connectivity with 10/25/40/50/100GbE
Mellanox’s multi-rate Open Ethernet products enable users to benefit from a far more scalable, lower latency, and virtualized fabric with lower overall fabric costs and power consumption, greater efficiencies, and more simplified management than traditional Ethernet fabrics.
Leveraging Mellanox’s extensive knowledge and expertise in building scale-out fabrics for data centers, fabrics based on the Open Ethernet multi-rate solutions are uniquely designed to be:
- Open – Supports integration of third-party software functionality through a series of open interfaces, allowing choice and innovation. Mellanox Open Ethernet products allow the implementation of Software Defined Networks (SDN), management, provisioning, monitoring, and orchestration through standard APIs and plug-ins, allowing users to create powerful unified computing solutions
- Standard – The fabric builds on standard, widely deployed layer 2 and layer 3 protocol, with no proprietary implementations, for full interoperability from the physical layer to the protocol level
- Linearly Scalable – Maintaining high performance, low costs, and ease of management, even when deployed in very large scale networks, consisting of thousands of nodes
- Efficient – Optimized design using high-density, low latency, energy-efficient, and low cost non-blocking switches
- Converged – A single fabric serves compute and storage traffic simultaneously with guaranteed quality-of-service and dynamic congestion management
- Virtualized and Service Oriented – Provides application and service-driven fabric monitoring and SLA enforcement, with awareness and policy enforcement at virtual machine granularity
|400GbE||200GbE||100GbE||50GbE||40GbE||25GbE||10GbE||1GbE||Height||Throughput||Performance||CPU||FRUs||PSU / Fan Redundancy|
|SN2700/SN2740||–||–||32||64*||32||64*||64*||–||1U||6.4Tb/s||Non-blocking||x86||PS and Fans||Y|
|SN2410||–||–||8||16*||8||48+16*||48+16*||–||1U||4Tb/s||3:2 Blocking ratio||x86||PS and Fans||Y|
|SN2010||–||–||4||8||4||18+16*||18+16*||–||1U||1.7Tb/s||9:8 Blocking ratio||x86||N||Y|
|AS5812||–||–||–||–||6||–||48||–||1U||1.44Tb/s||2:1 Blocking ratio||x86||PS and Fans||Y|
|SN3000 Series (future)|
|SN3700||–||32||64*||128*||32||128*||128*||–||1U||12.8Tb/s||Non-blocking||x86||PS and Fans||Y|
|SN3410||–||8||16*||48+32*||8||48+32*||48+32*||–||1U||8Tb/s||3:2 blocking ratio||x86||PS and Fans||Y|
* These ports are supported with Split cable