SB7800 Series – Switch™-IB 2 EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand Smart Switches
36-port Non-blocking EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand Smart Switch
- Industry-leading switch platform in performance, power, and density
- Collective communication acceleration
- Quick and easy setup and management
- Maximizes performance by removing fabric congestions
- Backward compatible to FDR technology
Mellanox provides the world’s first smart switch, enabling in-network computing through Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation Protocol (SHARP)™ technology. The SB7800 series has the highest fabric performance available in the market with up to 7.2Tb/s of non-blocking bandwidth with 90ns port-to-port latency.
Faster servers based on PCIe 3.0, combined with high-performance storage and applications that use increasingly complex computations, are causing data bandwidth requirements to spiral upward. As servers are deployed with next generation processors, High- Performance Computing (HPC) environments and Enterprise Data Centers (EDC) will need every last bit of bandwidth delivered with Mellanox’s next generation of EDR InfiniBand high-speed smart switches.
Built with Mellanox’s Switch-IB™ 2 InfiniBand switch device, the SB7800 series provides up to 36 100Gb/s full bi-directional bandwidth per port. SB7800 smart network switch is designed to enable in-network computing through the Co-Design Scalable Hierarchical Aggregation Protocol (SHARP) technology. The Co-Design architecture enables the usage of all active data center devices to accelerate the communications frameworks using embedded hardware, resulting in order of magnitude applications performance improvements.
• 7.2Tb/s aggregate switch throughput
• Up to 7.02 billion messages-per-second
• 90ns switch latency
• 136W typical power consumption
- Optimized Design
• N+1 redundant & hot-swappable fans
• 80 gold+ and energy star certified power supplies
• Dual-core x86 CPU
- Advanced Design
• Adaptive routing
• Collective offloads (SHARP)